Friday, March 19, 2010

Bracket Busters and Jesse James No Longer a Wanted Man

Day one of the tournament had some of the "little guys" coming out as the big winners like Murray State, ODU (my alma mater), Northern Iowa, and Ohio (not The Ohio State).  Big losers were certainly the Hoyas (sadly), Vanderbilt, and hell the entire Big East for that matter (good for you Villanova beating Robert Morris which is a school where they make cigarettes).  Georgetown clearly screwed up many a bracket with their pathetic performance especially on the defensive end.  They were so bad at guarding the 3 point line I understand players from the Wizards were making fun of them. I'm just pumped that ODU has a shot at the Sweet 16, but I really wish Coach Blaine Taylor would think about getting rid of the "Hitler" mustache!

However, the Biggest Loser was clearly Sandra Bullock's husband Jesse James, who had to apologize for an alleged affair with a tattoo model.  I mean I learn something new everyday.  I had no idea there was an industry of tattoo models.  Did anyone tell Dennis Rodman?  To be fair to Jesse James, maybe he was just giving this woman a tour of his "Monster Garage."  I just find it amusing everyone is calling it an Oscar jinx.  Sum it up like this...IT'S Fing HOLLYWOOD!  No one stays together for any length of time.  So get over it America.  I bet Tiger Woods is sending this guy tickets to the Masters.  I feel for Sandra Bullock though because she is from Arlington, Virginia, went to Washington and Lee High School and to ECU, but apparently she never took history.  I mean who could trust someone named Jesse James?  She's lucky he only cheated on her. 

Back to the tournament I love it, but as stated in a past post this thing needs to stay as is, NO EXPANSION!  Did you notice all those empty seats yesterday?  Do you really think people are having a hard time getting tickets?  Adding another weekend would be moronic!  I blame CBS for the lack of attendance.  It is a made for TV event and the coverage is great with all the games to choose from in the comfort of your own living room.  I don't blame fans for passing on paying the freight to travel to some sucky destinations. I mean Buffalo, Milwaukee, Spokane, and Oklahoma City not exactly vacation destinations.  I mean it's really bad when Jacksonville is your best destination in the South!  

I am worried that I might be watching too much of the tournament.  I mean yesterday I began to wonder the orgin of Play by Play man Spero Dedes name.  Was he named after a brand of gum?  Or some type of swimsuit?  Did Michael Phelps wear one of those Spero Dedes in route to all those gold medals in China?  Ok he is Greek, whatever strange name, but promising career.  It is also bad when I have seen Greg Gumbel (let your soul glow) and that God Awful hair piece more in the last 24 hours than my family.  Oh crap, that reminds me, I was supposed to pick my son up from preschool two hours ago!  Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment