Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up: ODU Wins, UNC and The Oscars Suck

The Defending National Champion North Carolina Tar Heels have fallen really, really far.  I mean a free freakin' fall to sound like Good Old Roy.  A 32 point loss to their neighbors/rivals, the Duke Blue Devils, kind of puts the exclamation point on the sucky season.  The Heels went into the game riding a 4-game winning streak at Cameron Indoor and the Duke Seniors not only ended the did it without breaking a sweat.  Hell the Cameron Crazies thought so little of the game they did not bother rushing the court!  The Dorks Fans were even chanting C-B-I not NIT, that's why these are our future leaders, so clever

The Oscars suck every year and every year I waste my time watching.  I understand the show may be more enjoyable if I actually saw some of the movies up for the awards, which is a problem for me.  However, is it my imagination or has Hollywood become one big animation industry?  In another year they will need to put this on Cartoon Network.  Also, animation winners keep your speeches to about 15 second's b/c we don't know any of you or care too.  That's why your mics kept getting cut off; we want the stars to bore us not you dorks.  By the way George Clooney what are you so pissed about? I mean you are sitting with a girl half your age, you got millions in the bank, and your look pissed.  Dude, you used to be on the "Facts of Life", be happy!

ODU is a step closer to a CAA title, but have to beat William and then Mary to win their first conference title since 2005.  Great win over the hated VCU Rams on Sunday.  I would love to see ODU make some noise in the Big Dance.  However, if I had one wish for my Alma Mater it would be for the head coach to shave his Hitler Mustache!  Please Coach Taylor if you want players like John Scheyer to attend get rid of that thing.

Wizards Andray Blatche says he is a man just like Kevin Garnett, that is of course minus the 13 All-Star Appearances, numerous all league team honors, all defensive team honors, an NBA Title, and MVP award.  Blatche does have one distinction over KG.  The Celtics star never been arrested for soliciting sex from an undercover police officer.  Do not poke the bear with a stick, dummy!  I don't care if he stuck his tongue down your throat, keep playing, and let the scoreboard do the talking!  God I am getting old. 

The Carolina Panthers cut QB-Jake Delhome and now word is Michael Vick is interested in playing with the franchise.  Eagles obviously control Vicks rights to this point and his parole officer.  However, would be an interesting fit if it could work out. The Panthers would be substituting a guy that played like a dog for a guy that tortured them.  Thanks tip your waitresses I will be here all week.

Coming up later today: Big Ben keep your hands to yourself, Dale Jr. sucks, and DC restaurants are suffering thanks to the Redskins.

No comments:

Post a Comment