Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Meanlingless Championship Weekend



It has been 18 years since I had any emotional attachment to an NFC Championship Game. Yes I am talking about the last time the Redskins were in the game. It has been that long. I hate this feeling as a football fan.



I decide who I will root for or against based on a lot of factors. First and foremost I root against Dallas no matter who they are playing even it was against a Terrorist Group. Secondly I root for teams that have the coach or player or story line that appeals to me. I rooted for the Colts b/c of nice guy Tony Dungy and for the Steelers for Bill Cowher b/c he had never won the big one.



This year it is simple unless you HATE America you have to root for the New Orleans Saints. Ok or you are from Minnesota or have no heart. I mean I still get chills when I see the stories about Hurricane Katrina. Plus the Vikings have that Diva/Drama Queen, Rangler Jeans wearing Red Neck Brett Favre at quarterback. Plus I believe in tradition and the Vikings they are supposed to choke! Too add to my disdain of Minnesota that have that mullet wearing DE Jared Allen, what a tool. So go Saints and Drew Brees!



AFC is a little tougher, I am still mad at the Colts for quitting on going undefeated. That really sucked! However, Fat Rex Ryan I believe trumps all of that. The Son of Buddy is just like the old man and is going to put his foot in his mouth plenty before his Jets Coaching career is over. Also, the one thing I agree with Giants fans on is this, the Jets should always suck. Something about them has a second rate quality and I never want to seem them win anything. So even though Peyton Manning is on tv too much, Go Colts!

The only downside to me getting my wish is we will be subjected to 24/7 reporting from ESPN on whether or not Brett Favre will retire again. However, it is a chance I am willing to take.

Next year it would be nice if the Shanaskins make it to the post season so I don't have to go through these strange rationalizations for finding a rooting interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment