Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Headed Towards NC, Time to Get Drunk!

As a youngster growing up in the Washington Area we had our fair share of serious winter storms, but many more misses than hits.  I thought there was no market that drummed up wintery weather fears better than DC.  I mean 24/7 weather talk when a storm got within 48 hours.  They gave us all the models, maps, and accumulation totals well before they had a freakin' clue if it would actually hit the DC area. 

Gordon Barnes from Channel 9 is personally responsible for my sorry high school GPA.  You see when he called for snow I believed it and because of that belief there were many tests I didn't study for figuring I would be hanging out home the next day.  Thank God for Old Dominion University! 

Winter Storm Advisory here in the Triangle, which means complete panic!  Much worse than DC, you see they don't have the right equipment to handle it down here.  So everyone is freaking out.  The grocery stores and jammed because the news media (worst people in the world) are telling everyone we may lose power. So you better get your milk and toilet paper. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/storysection=weather/forecast&id=7245836 

So I went to the store, but not for TP and Milk.... no I went out for the real essentials.  I went to the ABC store.  What is a snow storm without Crown Royal??  I know that sounds kind of sad.  However, when I arrived just before 1pm the checkout line was 10 deep.  We like to have to the fun South! 

No comments:

Post a Comment