Friday, January 22, 2010

The Beginning



It took a while... I know and many of you have been telling me to get on it and here we go. I have sold out and jumped feet first into the ever crowded world of blogging and yes I twitter too and perhaps a facebook page is in my future. Don't hold your breath on the facebook thing though. In this little piece of crowded cyber space I will talk sports and probably whatever else is on my mind. So here it goes, enjoy......

DC Sports fans waited a long time for Thursday night and it was certainly worth the wait as the Caps hammered the Pittsburgh Penguins on their home ice 6-3. There have not been many victories to celebrate in the city these days when it comes to pro sports teams. Certainly beating your hated rival is nice, but let me go ahead and be "that guy."
Winning in January is one thing, but winning in the playoffs is what will and should define the Capitals season. Certainly the here and now should be enjoyed, but hockey playoffs are not like the NBA or NFL where the favorites usually win (ask a Bruins fan). Not to mention the long break for the Olympics and most of the top Caps playing for their country. What will the wear and tear effect be? Is the goaltending situation and defense good enough? Will GM George McPhee make a trade? This season will be a battle of attrition more so than ever before, but here's hoping its the beginning of something much bigger..just like this little blog I bring you.

1 comment:

  1. if you join facebook, you will only see people who all of a sudden are big Caps fans updating their status....the same people who complained all season about bandwagoning NFL fans

    ReplyDelete