Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm Alive and Watching the Winter Olympics

Ok, first let me say that I am sorry for the lack of posts lately, but I am on assignment and actually doing real work.  I can not reveal much, but let's just say that a former "Perky" Today Show Host and I are working in the same building.  That's right the bigtime...although in two weeks I will be kicked out of the building and she will continue to handle the nightly news. 

Anyway, how bout the Winter Olympics?  The more I watch curling the more confused I am.  I can't decide whether it is more like bocce or shuffle board on ice?  Apparently it works in Canada just like public healthcare, which means it is doomed to fail in this country. 

However, I love the Extreme Sports addition to the Winter Games.  You know Snowboard Cross and the half pipe basically X Games Stuff that will help Team USA pad the medal count every year.  I just worry about these burnouts athletes passing their drug tests. 

Another issue I have with it is some of these snowboarders are wearing jeans during their competition, which begs the question is it really a sport?  I mean if you can drink, smoke, or wear jeans and compete it is not a sport.  Apologies to bowling, golf, darts, rodeo, pool, and Major League Baseball. 
I have actually attempted to snowboard on a few occasions and I realize it is not easy on the lower body you have to be strong and have balance (I have neither).  I respect these snowboarders, but if you want the over 30 crowd to take you seriously put on some snow pants over the jeans.  

NOTES:  Late breaking news...Another member of the Wizards big three is gone, Antawn Jamison is headed to Cleveland and a real chance at an NBA title.  Great Guy on and off the floor, good luck Antawn.  As for the Wizards or what is left, GILBERT ARENAS!  That's right that is what's left, Gilbert.  You know the quirky oft injured all-star, who started the bring all your guns to work day in DC. Sure the Wizards cleared lots and lots of cap space, but that does not mean all-star free agents will line up to sign up to play in DC.  The dump was the easy part.  The Hard part is finding the next core group, good luck Ernie. 

Friday Tiger Talks but doesn't take any questions seems like he learned a lot in rehab.

2 comments:

  1. Jason said the same thing this morning about the burnouts. HAHAHA. I also think that the "jeans" are actually snow pants made to look like jeans...Not sure if that is better or worse. HAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeans or snowpants I give respect to anyone who can launch themselves that far in the air, do acrobatics like a professional diver and land, on ice, going downhill, and live to tell about it! Any landing you walk away from is a good landing.

    ReplyDelete