Thursday, February 18, 2010

Super Bowl of Rednecks

Great news for all the diehard NASCAR Fans out there.  Last week's Super Bowl of Racing the Daytona 500 proved once and for all that Corporate America has not taken away the sports roots rednecks. No, no, the fact that a pothole on the Super Bowl surface held the race hostage for several hours proves NASCAR is still a real redneck operation.  Ok, wait to be fair, do you know how many times the Super Bowl has been delayed because of issues with the field?   ZERO!  The NFL should sue NASCAR for trying to compare the two events. 

The other thing that kills me about this story is why do you need to fix the pothole?  I mean these guys are supposed to be the greatest drivers in the world, right?  I have spent the past week in the back of New York City Cabs and these guys seem to drive just fine with endless amounts of potholes and a hell of a lot more traffic!  I know the argument NASCAR drivers are racing at almost 200 mph...and guess what so are the New York City Cab drivers!  Some how, some way these guys avoid not only the endless amounts of potholes, but also the pedestrians that have no regard for the cross walk signs. 

Clearly I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but here is some advice for Hendrick Motor Sports dump Dale Jr. now and sign up Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (ok maybe that is not his name) the Cab driver who got me from the Port Authority to West 57th in under 5 minutes during rush hour while it was snowing on Tuesday.  This guy has mad skills! 

Notes:  Today while on a break (little boys room) on my really important assignment I had another brush with fame.  While I was letting it hang out so to speak at the urinal who walks in? A pretty famous musician from a really cool Late Night show. I wish I could tell you his name, but it would blow my cover. 

Can't wait to hear Tiger's bullshit tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment