Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Winter Olympics Stealing Circus Talent

The more I watch the Winter Olympics the more it reminds me of something I would see at the Circus, but without those annoying fing clowns.  Does anyone honestly like clowns? 

Anyway, the Winter Olympics are full of acrobats these days.  I know they are trying to appeal to a younger audience and it also helps NBC get their billions worth by keeping the American audience interested. I'm not complaining we are good at these X Games Sports and are on pace for a record setting medal count thanks to them. 

I just wonder what the net effect is on the good folks at Ringling Brothers.  I mean the PETA folks already want to take the animals out of the circus.  Anyone, who has been to the circus lately knows the daredevils have become the show and the fing clowns.  So if the daredevils start chasing Olympic Gold like that Shaun White kid, who actually looks like a daredevil clown, then what?  

Notes:  Also, who came up with The Nordic Combined?  A combo of ski jumping and a cross country skiing relay.  Really?  What a stupid combo, I mean anyone cool enough to Ski Jump would never waste their time with something as boring as cross country skiing let alone a relay.

1 comment:

  1. Still the day the winter Olympics is not mush popular as it should be. Every thing is there except proper campaign and advertisement. I think more campaigning needed in Dish TV.

    ReplyDelete